So everything was good for a little period. You were having a great time with your Nintendo Switch. Then, all of a sudden, something goes horribly wrong. When you place your Nintendo Switch in its dock, the green LED on the dock’s front begins to flicker. Worse, your Switch does not seem to be sending a signal to your TV or charging when docked.
It seems that you have come face to face with what is becoming known as the blinking green light of death. Before you chuck your Switch down the trash disposal and scream for a long time, there are a few things you can do to get it back in working shape. Don’t worry, you’ll be able to be back to enjoying your favorite Nintendo Switch games in no time!
Keep an eye out for more information
- Remove your Switch from its dock.
- To be sure there are no updates available for your Switch, go to the Settings menu.
- Once you’re sure you’re up to date, restart your Switch by pressing and holding the Power button for three seconds, then selecting
- Power Options and Restart.
Cycle of Energy
- Disconnect your dock’s HDMI cable.
- Wait 30 seconds after unplugging your power cord from the wall and dock.
- While you’re waiting for the 30 seconds to pass, examine your power line to make sure it’s not damaged in any way.
- Reconnect everything and check whether the problem has been rectified.
Get rid of the middleman.
If none of the above methods have worked, try plugging the power wire straight into the Switch. The dock is most likely to blame if it starts to charge.
If your dock is broken or malfunctioning, you’ll have to mail it to Nintendo for repair. You’ll have to buy a new one if yours isn’t covered by a warranty. New Switch docks are still a touch pricy, but they’re available for a little more than $100 from a variety of stores. It’s worth mentioning that the Nintendo Switch OLED dock is now available separately, so if you’re looking to upgrade and add a LAN port, this is the way to go.
Fortunately, you were able to restore service to your dock. If not, I wish you the best of luck and hope that everything will be resolved quickly and easily.
Subtly charming pop culture geek. Amateur analyst. Freelance tv buff. Coffee lover