- 1 Is stained concrete flooring a good option?
- 2 Is stained concrete cheaper than vinyl plank?
- 3 Does stained concrete floors add value to your home?
- 4 Can I stain my concrete floor yourself?
- 5 Is it cheaper to tile or stained concrete?
- 6 Is it better to stain or paint concrete?
- 7 What is the best vinyl plank flooring for the money?
- 8 What is the cheapest option for flooring?
- 9 Is stained concrete cheaper than wood floors?
- 10 Which is better epoxy or stained concrete?
- 11 Are concrete floors bad for your health?
- 12 Can I pour concrete over existing concrete?
- 13 What is the best finish for concrete floors?
- 14 How long does stained concrete last?
- 15 How long after staining concrete can you seal it?
Is stained concrete flooring a good option?
Concrete floors are a great alternative to linoleum, carpet, wood, tile, stone or marble flooring. Concrete can be stained nearly any color, resurfaced in a variety of textures and finishes, or polished for a smooth, shiny look. Plus, concrete flooring is durable, long-lasting and easy to clean and maintain.
Is stained concrete cheaper than vinyl plank?
Refinishing concrete floors can cost anywhere from $2 to $30 per square foot, so in some cases it certainly could be less costly than installing vinyl plank. But, the real money will be spent if you need to install fresh concrete on top of getting it refinished.
Does stained concrete floors add value to your home?
Getting concrete floor coatings or a decorative concrete overlay is not a luxury – it’s an investment that can pay off over time. Not only will the investment improve your enjoyment of the home and reduce your maintenance, but it will also improve the value of your home.
Can I stain my concrete floor yourself?
A stained concrete floor is a great and durable flooring option, and – good news! – staining one yourself is a surprisingly easy task (although you’ll want to avoid one major pitfall we fell into below).
Is it cheaper to tile or stained concrete?
Staining a concrete floor typically costs less than tiling. Installing ceramic or porcelain tile costs on average between $15 and $20 per square foot.
Is it better to stain or paint concrete?
Concrete stain embeds the surface to color it translucently, while opaque concrete paint covers the top of the concrete but is subject to chipping and peeling when improperly applied. Concrete stains go on quicker, dry faster and take less work than concrete paint, but they offer no significant protection.
What is the best vinyl plank flooring for the money?
Best Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring Brands
- Best Overall: Shaw.
- Runner-up: COREtec.
- Best Selection: Mohawk.
- Most Durable: Shaw Floorte Plus.
- Best Commercial LVP: Armstrong Vivero Best.
- Best Value: NuCore.
- Best Cheap LVP: Home Decorators Collection.
- Best Brand You Might Not Know About: Cali Bamboo.
What is the cheapest option for flooring?
8 Affordable Flooring Options
- Vinyl. Vinyl flooring comes in sheets, tiles, and planks and is predominately manufactured with PVC, resulting in durable, waterproof flooring that can be installed anywhere in your home.
- Sheet Vinyl.
- Plank Vinyl.
- Refinish Your Floors.
Is stained concrete cheaper than wood floors?
For those looking for a durable, showstopper floor, concrete and hardwood both deserve a closer look. Side-by-Side Comparison.
|Make-up/Construction||Sand, cement, aggregate (sometimes pigment)||Solid wood|
|Installed Cost||$2 – 15+||$$$ More than laminate ($12-20)|
Which is better epoxy or stained concrete?
Both stained concrete and Nature Stone flooring will last for years with proper care, but stone epoxy tends to be slightly more durable than stained concrete. The reason for this is because the sealant used on top of stained concrete wears down faster than stone epoxy.
Are concrete floors bad for your health?
According to experts, concrete floor systems can cause everything from bunions and ingrown toenails to shin splints, lumbar strain, and achilles tendonitis. It can also lead to lower back pain, stress fractures, knee pain, and worsening of arthritis symptoms.
Can I pour concrete over existing concrete?
If done properly, new concrete can often be poured right over an existing slab. For this to be feasible, the contractor needs to pour at least 2 inches thick, use smaller aggregate, and incorporate reinforcement such as welded wire mesh or fiber mixed into the concrete.
What is the best finish for concrete floors?
Top Concrete Finishing Options
- Acid Stain. An acid stain for concrete floor has a very bold look, recognizable by its mottled appearance and highly variegated finish.
- Water-Based Stain.
- Fast Stain.
- Acrylic Sealer.
- Standard Epoxy.
- Metallic Epoxy.
- Terrazzo or Granite Epoxy.
- Quartz Sand Epoxy.
How long does stained concrete last?
With stained concrete, the concrete itself will last for many years, potentially over 100 years. However, in order for the stain to last, the floors will need to be sealed or waxed once or twice per year.
How long after staining concrete can you seal it?
Be sure and remove any residue left behind if using our acid stain, then apply sealer. Don’t seal too soon as there could be moisture in the floor and hazing can occur. A good rule of thumb is to wait 24 hours time after any water has been applied to the floor before sealing.