Asked by: Jenara Noakesasked in category: General Last Updated: 30th May, 2020
How do you throw a sustainability at a wedding?
- Be seasonal with your flower choices.
- Give your floral arrangements a second life.
- Cut down on your food waste.
- Make your confetti au natural.
- Be mindful about the venue.
- When it comes to invites, stay green.
- Smash the sustainable style.
Correspondingly, how can I make my wedding sustainable?
11 Ways to Make Your Wedding More Sustainable
- Choose your location wisely.
- Grill your potential wedding venues.
- Make your menu eco-friendly.
- Feast on a sustainable wedding cake.
- Limit your stationery to one knockout piece.
- Support an ethical bridal, bridesmaid or groomswear designer.
- Ask your florist to shop local.
Similarly, are silk flowers eco friendly? And if you’re interested in an eco–friendly alternative to freshly cut flowers, consider silk flowers. Faux blooms have recently increased in popularity not just because they’re a more sustainable choice, but also because they offer more flexibility and consistent quality.
Also asked, how do you have zero waste at a wedding?
- CHOOSE RECYCLED OR PAPERLESS INVITATIONS. Aim for eco-friendly paper options.
- SUPPORT SUSTAINABLE BRANDS.
- INVEST IN NEW BEAUTY PRODUCTS.
- MAKE YOUR VENUE SELECTION A PRIORITY.
- GO FOR COMPOSTABLE OR REUSABLE GOODS.
- KEEP FOOD LOCAL AND DONATE LEFTOVERS.
- ASK YOUR FLORIST ABOUT ZERO-WASTE INITIATIVES.
- KEEP DECOR MINIMAL.
How do you have an ethical wedding?
30 Tips For An Ethical Wedding
- Up-cycled or Rented Wedding Dresses.
- Wear an Locally-Made Dress.
- Buy Ethical Jewellery.
- Buy an Antique or Vintage Ring.
- Choose an Ethical Venue.
- Hold the Ceremony and Reception in the Same Place.
- Make it Easy for your Guests to Take Public Transport.
- And/or Organise Carshare or Busses.