Asked by: Ayde Watelasked in category: General Last Updated: 30th March, 2020
How much does it cost to replace a ABS sensor?
In this regard, how much does it cost to replace a speed sensor?
The average cost for a vehicle speed sensor replacement is between $313 and $388. Labor costs are estimated between $281 and $356 while parts are priced at $32. Estimate does not include taxes and fees.
One may also ask, what are the symptoms of a bad ABS sensor? Signs of a Bad ABS Sensor
- The ABS Light Illuminates. This is the most common symptoms when it comes to ABS sensors.
- Vehicle Will Take More Time to Stop. The ABS system is placed to help stop your car quicker.
- Pumping Brake Pedal on Braking.
- Vulnerability on Wet Roads.
- Read the trouble codes.
- Clean Your Wheel arch.
Also to know is, how much does it cost to fix ABS light?
For a common car with minimal ABS issues you could expect to spend around $150 to $250 per speed sensor and the modules that go along with those sensors can cost up to $600 or more depending on what vehicle you own. The average hourly rate for any mechanic can range from $90 to $200 per hour!
How do you replace an ABS speed sensor?
How to Replace an ABS Wheel Speed Sensor
- Open the hood and loosen the retaining nut on the cable clamp connected to the negative battery terminal.
- Turn the wheel lug nuts counterclockwise with a tire wrench 1/4 turn.
- Raise the vehicle onto jack stands.
- Finish removing the wheel lug nuts and pull the wheel off the wheel hub assembly.