Asked by: Ebrahima Stampferasked in category: General Last Updated: 6th June, 2020
What happens if you speed through a work zone?
Accordingly, what happens if you speed in a work zone?
11 to 20 miles per hour over the speed limit posted in a work zone will result in 4 points. The minimum fines will double that of a normal speeding violation. Receiving a second work zone related speed ticket within 18 months of the first will result in you having your license suspended.
Similarly, how fast do you go in a work zone? (b) The minimum highway work zone speed limit is 20 miles per hour. The work zone speed limit must not reduce the established speed limit on the affected street or highway by more than 15 miles per hour, except that the highway work zone speed limit must not exceed 40 miles per hour.
Thereof, what is the penalty for speeding in a work zone?
In a road work zone where the posted speed limit on an orange sign is 70 km/h, if you are travelling at: 90 km/h, the fine is $110 ($55 x 2) 100 km/h, the fine is $210 ($105 x 2)
What should you do when driving through a work zone?
Work Zone Safety
- Drive the posted work zone speed limit.
- Stay alert and pay close attention to signs and flaggers.
- Turn on your headlights if signs instruct you to do so.
- Maintain a safe distance around vehicles.
- Use four-way flashers when stopped or traveling slowly.
- Avoid distractions and give your full attention to the road.