Hs, which stands for hora somni, translates to ″at bedtime,″ while od, which stands for oculus dexter, means ″right eye.″ ″by mouth″ is ″per os,″ which comes from the Latin phrase ″oculus sinister,″ which translates to ″left eye.″ After meals is what ″post cibum″ (abbreviated as ″pc″) implies.
- 1 What does HS stand for in medical terms?
- 2 What does BDS and HS mean in medical terms?
- 3 What is the abbreviation for prescription?
- 4 What is the meaning of HS ODHS?
- 5 What does HS mean on a prescription?
- 6 What HS means?
- 7 What time is HS in medical terms?
- 8 What is BD in medication?
- 9 Does HS mean at bedtime?
What does HS stand for in medical terms?
, Pediatric neurosurgeon, and knowledgeable in a variety of other fields as well. TL;DR: ″HS″ is an acronym for the Latin term ″hora somni,″ which translates to ″before bedtime,″ and refers to a drug that is meant to be taken at that time.
What does BDS and HS mean in medical terms?
- The following are some common medical acronyms that are seen on prescription medicine labels and are intended to provide you with information regarding the timing or procedure of taking your medication.
- For instance, the term ″BDS″ comes from the Latin phrase ″bis die sumendum,″ which literally translates to ″two times a day,″ instructing a person to take a medication twice a day.
- HS, which stands for hora somni, translates to ″at bedtime″ or ″half strength.″
What is the abbreviation for prescription?
The acronym hs is one of the terms that is used most frequently in the area of medicine; however, it may also refer to a number of other things in the context of medicine. Perhaps the most widespread use is one that each and every person who has ever gone to the doctor at least once in their lives and been given a prescription is familiar with.
What is the meaning of HS ODHS?
H.s. is an acronym for the Latin phrase hora somni, which translates to ″at bedtime.″ O.D. stands for ″once daily.″ What exactly does it imply when it says ODHS? The Latin phrase ″at bedtime″ is referred to as ″hora somni,″ and its abbreviation is ″h.s.″ O.D. stands for ″once daily.″
What does HS mean on a prescription?
Abbreviations used in the medical field that appear on your prescription
|hs||at bedtime||hora somni|
|od||right eye||oculus dexter|
|os||left eye||oculus sinister|
|po||by mouth||per os|
What HS means?
Abbreviation. According to the Britannica Dictionary, HS stands for high school.
What time is HS in medical terms?
|QID||Four times a day|
|TID||Three times a day|
|TID AC||Three times a day before meals|
|TID HS||Three times a day and at bedtime|
What is BD in medication?
B.i.d., bid, bd., or bd. stands for ″twice daily,″ ″twice a day,″ or ″twice a day.″
Does HS mean at bedtime?
″take at bedtime″ is what ″HS″ translates as from the Latin phrase ″hora somni.″ PC is an abbreviation that derives from the Latin phrase ″post cibum,″ which means ″eat after a meal.″